Monday, February 16, 2015

It's Good to Have Friends

I am a pretty lucky girl in that I have 2 BRF (best running friends). There is Trooper who I cannot convince to do a triathlon (yet) and Hot Rod Red who is my tri partner in crime. These 2 ladies are the ones who get my arse out of bed and make me workout and even if they are only there in spirit. If I don't train I feel like I am letting them down.

So Hot Rod I meet years ago when I had just gotten out of college and lived in an apartment. She lived the floor beneath me with her now husband. At the time neither of us were runners and at the time had no plans to be one. As goes, life happened and I moved to another apartment and we lost touch for many years. We came across each other in Panera and started chit chatting (that's Southern for talking) and discovered we both ran and the rest is history. There have been few races I have done without her. Luckily we have the same goals and like to challenge ourselves so we are perfect for one another. Hot Rod doesn't mind going out for a ride when it's 30 degrees either. Ok, well she does mind but she sucks it up and joins me anyway-that is true friendship! Oh, and she has a sick sense of humor and doesn't mind peeing in the woods. Don't worry people I come ready with toilet paper. Any good girl scout (ok I wasn't really a girl scout) comes prepared!

Trooper is a friend I meet via a Facebook group. I was looking for runners for our relay team and she replied that she was interested. We meet up for a run one morning and she said some four letter words and I thought, "Yes! You are my people.". She also has a son that is Sophie's age and is a stay at home mum so we have a bunch in common. She has actually become one of my very good friends outside of running. I also like Trooper because she comes across as quiet and then she lets out a zinger. A requirement for my friends is that they have a wicked sense of humor and understand my dry not always PC humor.

These ladies mean more to me than they will ever know. I can bitch to them, tell them all about my bowel movements, share personal thoughts with them and they don't judge. If they do judge they sure don't say anything and they keep hanging out with me so they must like me. I can have a suck day running or biking and they are ok with that-no lady is ever left behind unless we say to go on. They are my best friends and I love them with all my heart. I never tell them that because I don't want it to go to their head. I guess if they read this they will know (lies, it's all lies!). 

Thank you Tropper and Hot Rod for being my BRF's and beyond. I lurve you! Blah, now I need to go take a bath and wash all the sappiness off of me!

1 comment: